Term 2 Blog #24

Monday, December 25, 2006

Sunday, December 24th, 2006
ok, this is actually the blog of Christmas eve okay?? well, i spent the whole day reading today. the books called "the shadow of the wind". it was good. i read more books this weekend than the total books i read since September. school was really stressing for me, i guess, and i havent been able to do many of my hobbies. i read 3 books since friday, but the other two books were quite thin. u noe the book we were reading for english? the old brown suitcase? i was reading the sequels to that book: the sunflower diary and the lenski file.
my neighbours asked us to eat dinner with them. we said yes. so i ate dinner with them, not taking part of their conversation. they spoke all mandarin. its not that i dont understand mandarin, its just that i lack an ability to make up sentences that make sense in chinese. when i talk to my parents, i usually use english to make up for words that i dont noe in chinese, and my chinese clauses are a bit switched around so that they resembled that of english's.
well, anyway, my neighbours think im a bit stupid because i dont talk much. if i dont talk to my mom, they'll think im dumb (as in not being able to speak). they talked to my parents about it, that's how i noe. its very sad to be thought of as "dumb" in both 'not being able to talk' and 'mentally stupid'. after i ate with them, i returned home to read, and i read all the way until 2:15 in the morning.

0 comments: