Brain Project Evaluation

Sunday, January 28, 2007

20/20 evidence of knowledge

I think I presented my knowledge very well. I wrote facts about false memory that most people don’t know

20/20 evidence of comprehension

I presented my evidence of comprehension by explaining in my own words what I had in my presentation.

20/20 evidence of application

I tried to create a false memory in my friend, and it caused her to become very confused.

18/20 evidence of analysis

I put the different examples of false memory into groups, and gave each group a category, such as false memories caused by dreams and imaginations, repetition of descriptions…etc.

19/20 evidence of synthesis

I tried to set up my own steps of creating a false memory within someone by using the details I gathered.

19/20 evidence of evaluation

In my activity, I decided to have a debate about whether therapists should do false memory recovery or not, since false memory recovery could go horribly wrong. I personally think that I would be willing to risk this, but if the therapist is not experienced, then he could create a false memory instead of recovering a memory.
Evaluation of Activity

Choose a presentation and activity that you feel satisfied the entire critical thinking range, comment with specifics why you think this presentation was effective.

I thought Daniel’s presentation about Lucid Dreaming was very interesting. His activity was a test on what we understood or did not understand, and it made us pay attention to him and take notes.

Choose a presentation and activity that you feel satisfied very little of the critical thinking range, comment with specifics why you think this was ineffective, and make suggestions for improvement.

I thought Jonathan’s presentation wasn’t very effective because he didn’t speak in a very loud voice, the topic wasn’t very interesting, and he basically read out what was on his slide.

How has learning about Bloom’s Taxonomy helped you to be a better student?

It has made me a better student by teaching me how to think on a large scale, to be more creative with my own ideas.

At what age or grade level should students be exposed to critical thinking?

I think kids should be exposed to critical thinking by grade 7, or 12 years old. They already know how to read very well by then, and they’ll start projects with more critical thinking, so I suggest they learn the bloom taxonomy then.

Since beginning this project have you been more aware of your own thinking (metacognition)?

I suppose…but I think as I normally would. If something busts into my head, then it’s usually on the lower levels of critical thinking, but sometimes, it could be on the upper 3 levels. Since learning about the Bloom taxonomy, I think the instant thought that bursts into my head has risen to the upper few levels more often.

0 comments: