Lesson 30: Personal Renewal

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Extensions

1) Read the following story and respond on the lines below how this story can be related to keeping ourselves fit in all areas of life.

You are walking through the woods one day and come upon a lumberjack who's furiously working at cutting fallen trees into logs. You notice that he's having a very difficult time of it. It seems to you that the chain on his chainsaw has become so dull that the saw barely cuts at all.
You ask him why he doesn't sharpen his chain. He replies, "I've got to get these logs cut. I can't take the time to sharpen my saw."The man didn't realize that if he'd just taken a few minutes to sharpen his tool, cutting through the tree trunks would have required much less of his time and energy.

Physical: hes forcing himself to cut the wood even though it's not possible
Mental: he thinks that if he takes the time to sharpen his saw, then he wouldn't have enough time to cut down the trees
Spiritual: he keeps encouraging himself to finish cutting
Social/Emotional: he's frustrated

Family Reflections

What does your family do to renew and refresh the health of your relationships? Plan an outing or a family fun night.
My family likes to do things together such as swimming, skating, and going on an outing trip.
A Family Fun Night:
I want to gather around our living room and play chess with my mom this sunday night, after dinner. My dad could help me play, since he always does :D

0 comments: