Lesson 26: Synergize

Sunday, April 01, 2007

HANDOUT

1) Write down an important issue that you, your community, your school, or your family is facing right now. Maybe it's bullying at school, a dress code, or a community issue.

Issue/problem:

My family is facing the issue of speaking English properly.

Organize a group of four or five people to discuss the issue you chose. Individually, think of ways to improve or change the problem.

1. Fill in the thought bubbles below with the different solutions each of you come up with.

I can speak English with them

They can watch English TV shows

They can go out more and talk to different people in English

They can go to a community centre and practice their English with random people

2. Use your imagination to brainstorm new ideas.

They can speak English to each other.

3. Together decide which solution will make the biggest difference. Write your group's idea in the solution box

Me speaking English to them on a daily basis makes the biggest difference.

Family Refelctions

Is there anyone in your extended family that you could get along with better? What can you do to start making things better between the two of you?

I can talk more with my grandmothers. I don't usually talk to my grandmother on my father's side, and I'll like to talk to her more often. One problem is, I'll have to be more fluent in Mandarin. I suppose I can phone her and practice my mandarin with her.

0 comments: