Lesson 21: Listening Skills

Monday, February 12, 2007

HANDOUT
Translate this...
A translator helps people who speak different languages to understand each other. On the lines below, describe a situation that you feel strongly about and are willing to discuss with others. For example: angry about your unfair curfew.
Oh my gosh!!! There’s so much homework in high school!! It is as if the teachers want the students to have sleepless nights just to finish their homework. Take me for example. It took me the whole day yesterday to finish the project, and we were given a very short period to actually type the stuff.
In groups of three, tell your story. One person will play the role of the Translator and listen genuinely to the emotional content and words. The Translator will then convey your feelings and words to the third person who will give a mirroring response back to you.When you have finished, switch roles so that each person gets to play the role of the Translator

Family Reflections

LESSON 21: As a family, do you sometimes find yourselves not listening to each other? Does your family use some of the same inattentive listening styles that you saw on the video?

Yes, I find that I don't listen to my father very much when he rants on about electricity. He loves electricity somehow...I know he's trying to teach my stuff, but I can NOT understand all that he says. its just soo boring.

0 comments: