Term 3 Blog #94

Sunday, June 08, 2008

soooo im writing a blog about summer
...comes from my memory book. i actually think its a little stupid, but thats ok!

Summer is, without a doubt, my favourite time of the year. Schools are not in session, the best fruits become ripe, my birthday is just around the corner, the temperature keeps me feeling warm, and the clothes that can only be worn in the hot temperature can come out of the stuffy closet.
When I was in elementary school, summer always seemed boring and long. I had nothing to do, and school kept me busy. Last year, I had contradictory ideas about summer. Schoolwork in secondary school was so stressing, summer just didn’t seem to be enough of a break. I needed the break last year, and so did my classmates.
My favourite fruits, including lychee, mangos, watermelons, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and pineapples all become ripe during the summer. It’s the perfect time to enjoy such delicious, sweet fruits, and when chilled, these fruits serve as a relief from the hot.
My birthday is July 27th, and every year, I have a birthday party. I feel sorry for those who have to go to school on their birthdays. Since my birthday is in the summer, I am allowed to arrange sleepovers for as many nights as I want, though none have gone farther than 2 nights.
I welcome the hot temperature in Vancouver. It rains most of the year, and therefore, I appreciate the two months of the year when it rarely rains. Along with the hot temperature comes the availability of the beach and outdoor swimming pool. Also, sundaes, slurpees, and cold drinks, although they can be eaten during the winter, are much appreciated in this weather.
Clothes, too, are a great plus side to summer. No more heavy winter jackets, no more stuffy turtlenecks, and no more scratchy long underwear! Now, I can say hello to T-shirts, skirts, and sandals! The clothes are weightless and non-cumbersome. They are the very best part of summer, if you ask me.
Summer is just one and a half weeks away. It’s going to be a busy one and a half weeks, but the end is near and I just can’t wait!

0 comments: