Term 3 Blog #88

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Monday, June 2nd, 2008
homework catching up onto me..
oh and i have good news! i think prince william is back together with kate middleton!! whoot!! i thought queen elizabeth was a little mean, making them decide to either marry or separate. well, right now, they are doing neither.
im gonna post this blog with my memory book:

A Dozen and Two Things I Found Amusing / Curious

1. My grade seven teacher was 1.98 meters tall. When I sat at my desk and he stood above me to talk to me, the only thing I saw when I looked at him was his nostrils. They were the longest nostrils I’ve ever seen. I am willing to bet that, if I measured them, they would have been 2 cm wide at its widest point.
2. As I mentioned earlier, my grade seven teacher was quite tall. Guess who he married? An elementary school teacher who was 10 cm shorter than me.
3. Karen and I came up with this when we walked home together:
Her sister would eat only the sweetest part of the slice of watermelon. Karen would say “wasteful!” to her sister, then eat the whole thing until there was a thin layer of red before the white layer. Her mother would then say “wasteful!” and eat a slice of watermelon until she gets to the white part. Her grandmother would then say “wasteful!” and boil the watermelon peel to eat.
4. I had a math classmate who bragged about how smart she was in math. One time she said to me, “this stuff is so easy: I learned it 2 years ago!” After looking at the exercises we were supposed to do for two minutes, she turned around and asked me, “How do you do this question? I don’t get it.”
5. The day right before Ms. Hu gave us notes on pregnancy, my piano teacher gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. *note, I didn’t find him beautiful at all. He was red, wrinkly, and ugly. I just added beautiful because it sounded nice.
6. My grade four teacher had hands that looked like they were carved out of marble. They were unnaturally pale, and were always in a crescent shape.
7. My grade four teacher had used her eraser for a total of 8 years
8. My grade four teacher participated in the Olympics for gymnastics
9. The name of my grade four teacher’s husband could be seen on one of those information stands near Canada Place. I think he was a captain of some sort.
10. My teacher was engaged to get married, and I once saw her writing her soon-to-be-new-name onto a piece of paper over and over again. It was sweet.
11. My mother calls my father “Daddy”, and my father calls my mother “Mommy”. They started ever since I was born, so I didn’t think it was weird. However, when Anne and Karen noticed, I realized it was rather unusual.
12. I had lice when I was in grade two. Once, I combed out a rather large louse, and I popped it with my fingernails. It made a poppy sound then squirted a thing bit of white substance. It was gross.
13. One of my teachers was bald. Whenever he walked out into the sunshine, the sunlight created a patch of light on his head. I used to wonder if he used violin polish (the only kind of polish I had) to polish his head.
14. My mom once had a co-worker who used to bring watermelon slices with the top bitten off to eat at work. My mom asked her why it was like that, and she responded proudly, “my son only eats the best part.”

0 comments: