Term 2 Blog #79

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Monday, February 18th, 2008 was one of the best days of my life. It was the most fun I’d had in a long time. The whole Middle Years went snowshoeing and tubing on Cypress Mountain. Although the snowshoeing was extremely tiring, I enjoyed tubing very much.
Ms Hu drove Karen and me to Cypress Mountain. On the way there, Karen and I listened to a book called Eclipse, by Stephanie Meyer. We were so quiet, I wondered if Ms Hu thought we were the kind of friends that sit in silence and contemplate in our own thoughts. One of the funny things I noticed was that there was a car license plate that said “YAYA-EB”, and another one that had the letters “AWW” on it.
Once we arrived at Cypress, we put on snowshoes and started snowshoeing. There was an especially treacherous hill not far from where we started. I struggled and wriggled my way up, finally reaching the top to be greeted by the sight of cumulus clouds below me.
The rest of the snowshoeing trail was fairly flat. There were many piles of snow that I was able to slide down, causing the twisting of my right ankle thrice. Fortunately, the twists weren’t severe, so I was able to control my limp.
The most fun part of the field trip was the tubing. There were 4 tubing tracks, each around 400 m long and 75 m wide. It was the first time I went tubing, and I was one of the most exciting things I’d ever done. At first, I attached myself with Karen, Anne, and Jessica when I went down the tube to increase the momentum when we slid down. After a few rides, we had a large Middle Years group sliding down together. I joined them, and in the end, we had 17 people sliding down together. There was 3 more large-group tubing that day, one of which included 25 people.
Although I had a math contest the next day and a surprise Langara run, as well as a science test and a socials test the day after, it was one of my most memorable weeks. I heard that there is going to be a camping trip later on in the year – I hope it would be just as enjoyable.

0 comments: